Built in 1890, by the pioneer banking brothers, Rudolph and Louis,
it housed Guthrie's first bank (the Bank of Guthrie) in the west section,
and a tobacco company in the east. Louis DeSteiguer, who became
known for fraud and "the Bank Wrecker" of Guthrie, was indicted for
embezzlement, and other crimes.

The DeSteiguer Building is one of the few historic downtown
structures with a facade of native red sandstone. The building has
double oriels, each flanked by arched windows outlined with two
shades of rose coursed stone. It is in fact two buildings designed
to look like one. It is in the style of Guthrie's renowned architect,
Joseph Foucart.
The DeSteiguer Building
110 - 112 E. Oklahoma
CLICK THE ROSE ROCK TO GO
BACK TO THE SHOPPING PAGE
An early photo of
Oklahoma Ave with
the DeSteiguer
Building prominent
in the center of the
block.