Masonic Home for
Children, Circa 1923
Dominion House Event Center 2016
Click the Rose Rock
to go back to The
Event Center Page
Built in 1923, this enormous structure
on the north side of Guthrie was to serve
as the Masonic Home for Children
until 1978. It housed many children
during the Great Depression and in
succeeding years, kids whose families
couldn't afford to take care of them,
as well as orphans left alone in the
central Oklahoma area. It was closed
due to changes made in the Oklahoma
Foster Care law.

It remained vacant falling into disrepair
until 2000 when it was purchased and
restored by a private company to become
one of the most beautiful buildings in
Guthrie.

Today, it is a busy event center offering
wedding and banquet facilities, a private
enclosed garden and excellent catering
for a variety of events and gatherings.
The Dominion House
602  E. College / Guthrie